Most common kitchen sponges are made from plastic and can’t be recycled or composted. They’re usually only used for a couple of weeks to clean the kitchen and kitchen appliances before they’re thrown away, where they’ll contribute to plastic pollution for hundreds of years before eventually breaking down into microplastics.
But don’t worry, these cellulose sponges are a great alternative to chemical-filled plastic sponges! These sponges are made from wood fibres which are much more eco-friendly as they go through a less toxic manufacturing process and they are biodegradable too.
- Absorbing & non-scratch scrubbing power combined
- Perfect for any cleaning job around the house
- Contains two types of natural sponge & scourer:
- Compostable sponge with sisal scouring side - for lighter scrubbing
- Compostable sponge with loofah scouring side - for heavy-duty scouring
- Very absorbent - up to 10x their own dry weight!
- Highly durable & non-scratch
- Low-impact packaging, plastic-free
- Biodegradable - Made entirely from plants
- Renewable and sustainable
- Size of each sponge scourer: 7cm x 11cm x 2cm
- Simply compost at the end of it's life.